Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day Three

Ok, I know I should really come up with more creative titles but creativity is not my best virtue.

The kids are all better today. Last night my mother and brothers had some strong words with Kyle and Logan via the phone. Logan was disrespectful to my mother and hung up on her. My brothers stepped up and set him straight. Then when Eddie found out about it upon getting home from work Logan had to face his wrath as well.

I found Kyle crying in his room. He was apparently upset over my comment that our relationship would never be the same given the fact he said I have never been a mother to him. I explained to him that no, our relationship wouldn't, but that didn't mean that it wouldn't eventually be stronger. I also stressed to him the fact that no matter what he does, says, or thinks I will never stop loving him and he will always be my son. I told him he was no less my son than those I gave birth to. I told him I was hurt by his words and his actions but that I had forgiven him. Now it was time to rebuild.

Something occurred to me as he held me tighter and tighter while I was talking..... this child has never known unconditional love. He has no concept of the fact that Eddie and I will always love him no matter what. To know that he has never felt that before breaks my heart. He will be 14 next month.

Logan eventually asked for temporary phone priveleges so that he could apologize to his Mammy (my mother). He then talked to her for over an hour. While he understands the reason we have six kids, he's having a hard time assimilating. He's also terrorized at school quite a bit. There are only nine kids in his grade so it's very hard being the new guy.

The other kids were great last night. Kae was a little hormonal but other than that it was quiet.

On a happier note.... we had a wonderful gluten free dinner of chicken tenders, beans, corn, and salad. I discovered a new favorite product.... Southern Homestyle Tortilla Crumbs. They are awesome for breading. I added a few spices to make it to our taste but I LOVE the texture. Tonight I am trying them with oysters (and chicken again for our non oyster eating kiddos).

I will let you know how it goes. Right now the psoriasis is better than it has been in eight years but the rest of my body itches like crazy. We shall see what day four brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment