Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day Two

We are day two of being gluten free...... ok, some of us are on day two. Eddie stopped and bought breakfast this morning.

I am broke out in hives from head to toe. I don't know how much of it is the reaction to being gluten free and how much of it is stress from this morning.

I was told by two of my loving children what a horrible mom/human being I was. They had lots of reasons, but none of them really made sense. It seems that my biggest transgressions were 1) Not allowing them to go to the store to get lunchables and instead I packed them a nutritious lunch for their field trip. 2) Using big words like "transgressions". Apparently the fact that I have a large vocabulary makes me unfit as a mother.

The morning climaxed with both boys refusing to take their lunch (so they went hungry today) and Logan threatening to call child protective services because I wouldn't feed him. I gave him the number and the phone. Poor Benjamin tried to make me feel better by asking me to pack his lunch..... all the while Kyle and Logan were going off.

Both boys will be experiencing some tough love when they get home. Then they'll have to answer to dad.

Dinner was great.... rice, hamburger, and cheese ghoulash with a big salad and some gluten free brownies. Tonights dinner will be fried chicken (with gluten free breading).

No comments:

Post a Comment